There's a lot to be excited about next week. Web 2.0 Expo, Web2Open, the @ShakeShack/nextNY party... the list goes on and on. I'm especially excited for Ignite NYC II, being held on Monday at the New World Stages (where the NYC TV & Film Festival is held) from 7:15 - 11:30pm.
Two months ago, Brady Forrest came to town and hosted the first ever Ignite in NYC, along side Ignite-cofounder and hacker extraordinare Bre Pettis. The event was famously covered in this New York Times article by Allen Salkin.
For Ignite NYC II, there's a whole new line up of amazing talks and talkers (and somehow I got drafted for my second appearance). See this list of exciting topics:
- Krikorian Raffi - holmz : open database for energy consumption
- Deb Schultz - Alley vs Valley
- Jennifer Pahlka - Technology Anxiety: Jello and Web 3.0
- Sam Lessin - A very brief history of privacy in our data-deluged world
- Nichelle Stephens - Cupcakes: The iPhone of Desserts
- Don Carli - The Carbon Footprint of Banner Ads, Emails and Websites and why you should care
- Nate Westheimer - Magic at the Democratic National Convention
- Andrew Schneider - Experimental Devices for Performance
- Audacia Ray - Porn as a front runner in technology innovations... With a twist
Because of how monumental next week will be, and because of the venue and because of this great speakers list, Ignite NYC II is going to be 110% off the hook!
See you there!