In the spirit of the holidays, I'll play along with this fourth grade game. I was recently "tagged" by Michael, which means I am now to tell five things most people don't know about me, and then pass along the favor by "tagging" five more people. What, is it okay for netrepreneurs to do chain letters now? Here are 5 things you probably don't know about me:
- My older brother and I ran a company (started when we were 9 & 11) called Westheimer Brothers Plants & Produce. Our farm was certified organic by the State of Ohio so we sold produce to area 4 & 5 star restaurants for a nice premium and got a lot of press coverage for it. When our little sister joined the company we called it Westheimer Family Plants & Produce.
- Although I compared this "five things" exercise to a fourth grade game, I never went to the fourth grade, so I wouldn't know. I was homeschooled until high school, but better said I was unschooled until highschool. My only textbook would ever be a math book (which I used to be quite good at) while "English Class" would be going to plays, and Bio Class would be working in our greenhouse getting ready for the Summer.
- Though I've worked mostly in finance and internet start-ups, my biggest passion is politics. Call me naive, but I still believe in the inherent goodness of the American political system, and I actually think politicians can be good people.
- I've lived in Madrid, Boston, and New York, but Cincinnati is still my favorite.
- I play the saxophone. I never learned how to read music, but was once the sax player for the Westheimer Family Band, a folk band that rocked the Cincinnati folk-scene back in the early 90s. In the 2004 - 2005 school year I also performed with the Brandeis Improv Ensemble.